This statewide leadership development experience is generally held in late October or early November for chapter officers, members with leadership potential, and chapter advisers. The State Fall Business Leadership Conference (SFBLC) is planned and hosted by the state officers and the state management team. Sessions include motivational general sessions, workshops presented by state leaders, and training delivered by professionals from the business community.
This year, the State Fall Business Leadership Conference (SFBLC) will be held at the Hilton Oakland Airport from November 16-18th! The motto of this years conference is Be Bold. Aim High. Among other things this years conference will include:
- Mr.PBL Competition: Compete against other schools in a business pageant! Raise money for March of Dimes, perform a talent, and answer questions to become Mr.Phi Beta Lambda!
- Incubator Competition: One of the main focuses of this years conference was innovation. This competition will consist of several rounds where you will go through several rounds of building a business from ground up. With the assistance of members from various schools you will push together and regroup as the rounds continue to become one of the top teams left. In addition at the end of it all, given your team wins you will have some time to talk to the judges who are past leaders in startup companies from the Bay Area.
- Case Study Competition: Interested in developing your business sense? Sign up for a case study competition! These are real life case studies that you can face off against teams from other schools in order to experience what it really means to analyze a business case in real time and face your competition.
- STRIIVE: Ever heard of TED Talks? The concept is very similar, however you will be approaching a unique idea and presenting it to the various presidents of local chapters. Given you make it into the finals, you will even get the chance to present your idea to the entirety of the conference delegation in our closing ceremonies!
Registration for the conference will open up towards the beginning of September. If you have any inquiries prior to that time of release you can direct them to email@example.com. If you are interested in judging or speaking at our conference you can reach out to our State President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8pm-9pm Presidents Hangout
All Day: Arrival
8:30am-9:30am Opening Session
10:00-11:55am Incubator Rounds #1-2
11:55am-12:15pm Mini Sessions Period 1
12:15-1:05pm Incubator Round #3
2:15-3:15pm Incubator Round #4
3:15-3:45pm Mini Sessions Period 2
4:00-6:00pm Mr. PBL
6:15-8:00pm Internship Interviews
8:00-10:15am Case Study Competition
8:15-10:00am STRIVE Competition
11:00am-12:30pm Closing Session (w/Finals)
*All times subject to change*
More information to be announced as we get closer!!
Past Dates and Locations:
- 2017: Saturday-Sunday, November 8-9, at Hyatt Regency Orange County, Garden Grove
- 2016: Saturday-Sunday, November 19-20, at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, Fremont
- 2015: Saturday-Sunday, November 7-8, at Hyatt Regency Orange County, Garden Grove
- 2014: Saturday-Sunday, November 8-9, at Visalia Convention Center, Visalia
- 2013: Saturday-Sunday, November 9-10, at Hilton Hotel, Concord
- 2012: Saturday, November 9, at Red Lion Hotel Woodlake Conference Center, Sacramento
- 2011: Saturday, November 5, at Hilton Hotel, Concord
- 2010: Saturday, November 6, at Clarion Hotel, San Francisco
- 2009: Saturday, November 7, at UC Berkeley
- 2008: Sunday, November 9, at UC Berkeley
- 2007: Saturday, November 17, at UC Berkeley
- 2006: Saturday-Sunday, November 10-11, at UC Berkeley
- 2005: (Fall Annual Road Trip (FART)): Saturday, October 29, at UC Berkeley
- 2004: (Leadership Development Institute (LDI)): Friday-Sunday, October 15-17, at the Hilton in Burbank (joint FBLA)